This was our weekend. I love our little life. We are here and we aren’t famous or noteworthy but this life is beautiful.
1. Found the older two girls lOOOONG dresses at Old Navy and that makes them THIIIIISSSSS happy. They will be wearing these nonstop all Spring/Summer long. I wasn’t planning on buying them but when the girls saw how long they were, they talked me into them. And now I won’t have to fight the battle over which skirt isn’t long enough, which dress has the all dreaded pockets. These don’t have any pockets in sight. Phew. Dodged a bullet on that one.
2. Have you noticed we love our town and the wide open spaces in it? Have I mentioned we like to go for drives? We do that a lot. You can read more about that HERE. We also are serial house hunters. Even if we aren’t really planning on moving any time soon. We did a lot of all of that this weekend.
3. To distract myself from some of the stressful moments (they were tiny little moments, no worries) I hand stamped some fabric with gold paint and made a fold over clutch. It turned out pretty well. Only a few minor “Emily-ish” imperfections.
4. My babies like black coffee. All three of them. We don’t indulge them very often but sometimes when they steal my cup like the littlest did in this picture, they get a few little sips. I figure it’s better to get them hooked on coffee without extra sugar and cream than wait til they’re teenagers and they only want Frappuchinos, right? Right. Coffee is big here. They’re on board.
5. I love my girls. Sometimes it still seems weird to me that I’m a mom…that I’m not 20 anymore…that I have three little ones who call me “Mommy”. But that disbelief is only at the awesomeness of my current life. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
6. These sandals from Target are crazy comfortable. I’m not even exaggerating. I saw them on Lindsay’s IG and had to find them. They aren’t online anymore, I had to go to both of our stores to find my size. Slim pickin’s. And they are worth it!
7. There are baby animals out all over our area. These baby sheep are on my drive to take our oldest to school in the mornings and they are ridiculously cute. Like stop the car immediately and say “awww!!!” cute. We do every time.
8. I found the mother lode of free pallets right down the street from us. SCORE. All my friends are hitting me up to bring them into town. Like crack. I’m a pallet dealer, yo.
9. “Take photos you’ve never seen and love”. Found art from my oldest. My love of photography might be rubbing off on her. I love that this is the thought that she had. Not, “take pictures better than everyone else” or “are my pictures ok or are they silly?” or “is everyone thinking I’m a joke because I am pursuing my dream of being a photographer”. Nope. THOSE are the crazy thoughts that come when you are an insecure adult (ME). I need to clear those out and make room for her simple and beautiful logic. Just take pictures you’ve never seen and love.
(free print, just right click and save to your computer, for personal use only please)
For the last month I’ve been working on preparing myself to pursue a dream I’ve had since I was 6 years old. And lots of crazy thoughts pop into my head. I’m sure you can imagine, we all struggle with the same insecurities when we decide to let ourselves be vulnerable and actually TRY to do something we’ve dreamed about. I am older and out of practice and inexperienced but I KNOW I would regret not trying and so I am. Sometimes it’s worth trying for a dream even if it is only to experience the road leading up to that attempt. Even if the door is closed when you arrive. I will be trying to silence those doubtful thoughts and focus only on the fact that that Lord made me with a love in my heart and soul for music and I will go and enjoy any little adventure I can as a result of my attempt. I will be focusing on “just doing my best” and not listening to all the self doubt and deprecation that routinely invades my thoughts.
This post helped fix my brain so much last night when I was in a low about what I am preparing for. Please read it if you have felt this same way as I know a lot of us have. It is SO inspiring. I am so excited to see what is coming up next for this sweet family.